Date(s) & Time(s)::
October 29, 2010 at 8:00 AM until 4:00 PM
Location: Normal Theater, 209 North Street, Normal, IL
This conference is designed for mayors, city planners, council members, and the general public to learn about incorporating solar energy into their communities, including how the marketplace works in Illinois, local policies and initiatives already in place, and training opportunities available. Cost to attend is $50 for government and education, $80 for business and industry.
Solar Topics include:
- What are the possibilities?
- Resource and Technology
- Marketplace and Economics
- Training and Partnerships
- Building a Solar Community
- Kate Tomford, Illinois Energy Office, Illinois Department of Commerce & Economic Opportunity
- Mayor Chris Koos of Normal, IL
- Mayor Larry Morrissey of Rockford, IL
- Nick Hylla, Midwest Renewable Energy Association
- Mark Burger, Kestrel Development Company
- Dave Kennell, Center for Renewable Energy, Illinois State University
- Tim Wilhelm, Kankakee Community College
Register online at the website provided, or by phone at 309-268-8160.