Date(s) & Time(s)::
February 9, 2011 at 8:00 AM until 4:30 AM
Location: Marriott Hotel & Conference Center, 201 Broadway Ave., Normal, IL
This conference is designed for county board members, zoning board members, and county officials across the state to learn the latest about siting, zoning, and taxing wind farms in Illinois.
Topics will include Best Practices of County Boards and Zoning Boards, Roads, School District Taxation, County Ordinance Revisions, Decommissioning, Property Value Guarantees, and a Wind Energy 101 Pre-Session. More specifically, the sessions will include information on fair and reasonable processes that are not interminable, practical application without lawsuits and without sacrificing valuable content, estimating the cost of decommissioning, school district revenue from wind farms, impact of wind farms on state aid to schools, agreements between wind developers and road commissioners, timing of changes to county ordinances, etbacks and sound issues, economic impacts, anticipated trends, the Indiana bat, and other wildlife issues.
Speakers already confirmed include:
• Neil Palmer (Neil Palmer & Associates)
• Dr. Karen Tyrell (BHE Environmental)
• Chris Howell (Burns & McDonnell)
• Jim Mathes (Illinois State Board of Education)
• Dr. Larry Dodds (Ridgeview School District 19)
• Phil Dick (McLean County Building and Zoning)
• James Griffin (Schain, Burney, Banks & Kenny)
• Dwight Farber (Horizon Wind Energy)
• Matt Boss (Mainstream Renewable Power)
• Paul Miller (DeKalb County)
• Pete Poletti (Poletti and Associates)
• Dr. David Loomis (Center for Renewable Energy)
Registration is now open for attendees and sponsors. Visit www.RenewableEnergy.ilstu.edu, and click on the Siting, Zoning, and Taxing Conference listed under Upcoming Events for the current agenda, list of speakers, and online registration.