Location: March 25th, at Midwest Technical Institute, 280 High Point Lane, East Peoria April 8th, at Midwest Technical Institute, 2731 Farmers Market Rd., Springfield
Phone: Eric Gleason (217) 314-0209
The top 3 winners from each competition will receive tuition vouchers for MTI’s welding program. (These vouchers can only be used at Midwest Technical Institute for our welding course)
· First place-$4000 Second place-$2500 Third place-$1000
· Top 10 winners will receive medals
· Students should practice welding out of position (uphill, horizontal, and flat) using 7018 rod or equivalent
· In preparation for the written exam, students should be familiar with basic welding terminology and basic blueprint readings. Emphasize welding terminology.
· 7:00am-8:00am Breakfast (provided) and registration
· 8:00am-9:00am Introduction of welding staff and written exam
· 9:00am-11:00am Students will be assigned booths and begin welding
· 11:00am-11:45am Lunch (provided)
· 11:45 am-12:00pm Instructors will grade projects
· 12:00pm-12:30pm Presentation of awards and pictures
Friends and family are more than welcome to come to the competition. This is a great opportunity to come see the shop and compete against other schools. Seniors and juniors are allowed to compete and we ask each school to bring a maximum of 5 students. If a junior wins a tuition waiver, we will honor that the next year. Students can not participate in both contests. You can register anytime by contacting Eric Gleason (217) 314-0209 or email firstname.lastname@example.org Please register soon! I look forward to seeing everyone!