Date(s) & Time(s)::
December 8, 2012 at 8:30 AM until 6:00 PM
Location: Mapleton, Il - Smithfield, IL
On Saturday, December 8, 2012, Keokuk Junction Railway Co. will be operating its annual Santa Train as an effort to provide a fun, interactive, outside the classroom educational opportunity for railroad safety that involves not only children, but also adults. Santa Claus will join Keokuk Junction Railway Co. employees and those of other Pioneer Lines who volunteer their time, and will make six stops along the KJRY's railroad line to visit children, provide railroad safety demonstrations and to confirm their Christmas lists.
Again this year, with all ticket proceeds benefiting the St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital®, are passenger rides from three, one-way stops: Mapleton-Glasford, Glasford-Breeds, and Breeds-Rawalts. Area residents will team up with St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital® in the fight against childhood cancer. The Keokuk Junction Railway Santa Train passenger rides give area residents the opportunity to help support the lifesaving mission of one of the world’s premier pediatric cancer research centers.
A limited number of passenger train tickets are available online, please visit www.pioneer-railcorp.com or contact Danell Ratcliff at 309-697-1400 for more information. A minimum suggested donation is $10 and please select one segment to ride.
Our complete schedule is as follows:
• Mapleton* at Mapleton Road - 8:30am arrival
• Glasford* at Oak Street (near City park) - 9:35am arrival
• Breeds* at Co. Road 23 - 11:20am arrival
• Rawalts Siding* (just outside of Canton) passenger car stop only - 12pm arrival
• Canton at 2nd Avenue (near former TP&W Railroad Office) - 1:30pm arrival
• Cuba at 3rd Street - 3:45pm
• Smithfield at Main and Front Street - 5:15pm arrival
* KJRY Santa Train passenger ride