Alphabet Soup Academy
Hours of Operation
- Monday - Friday6am - 6pm
Daycare/PreschoolAlphabet Soup Academy, a family owned and operated company, opened its doors in 2009 on the South end of Bloomington, IL near Pepper Ridge Elementary School. Located on 5 acres of land and made up of two separate buildings we care for newborns through 12 years of age. Each building is made up of three classrooms. They are separated as follows; Infants, Toddlers, Two's, Three's, Fours and Fives, and School Age.
Alphabet Soup offers all day preschool and daycare services Monday through Friday. We focus on the "whole child" by using The Creative Curriculum. The Creative Curriculum focuses on social/emotional, physical, cognitive, and language development. Having 5 acres of land including the woods behind our center we are able to bring nature into the classroom by using a "hands on" approach. We also use The Sunform Alphabet System for learning letters. This is a very unique system that teaches children their letters by using pictures.
Alphabet Soup also offers summer programs for preschool and school age children. Preschool children take two field trips per week and school age children take three field trips per week. Our school age summer program is very adventurous! We have traveled to Chicago, St. Louis, and Indiana for various field trips. During the school year we offer transportation for your child before and after school. Alphabet Soup also offers all day care for days out of school.
Lastly, we want you to feel completely comfortable leaving your child in our care! That is why we have web accessible cameras you can log onto at your convenience. You will be able to see what is going on with your child at anytime!
Please visit us at our website for more detailed information: www.alphabetsoupacademy.com
Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the fees and weekly rates for you program?
- Click here to see all fees and weekly rates for all ages.
- Do we still have to pay for childcare when we do not attend?
- Yes, you will always pay for as many days as you enrolled for. Remember you are paying for your child’s actual spot. If your child is gone we cannot put another child in their spot. You are, however, allowed to have one week’s vacation per year to use at your disposal. This is the only time during the year you will not have to pay.
- What are the qualifications for your staff?
- Teachers must have at least two years of college with 6 hours in Early Childhood Education. We prefer teachers to have a four year degree in Early Childhood Education. Assistant Teachers must at least have a high school diploma. Every staff member must go through background checks and must be fingerprinted
- What is your capacity and ratios?
- Infant room capacity is 12 with a ratio of 1:4 (one teacher to four children). Our Toddler room has a capacity of 10 with a ratio of 1:5. Our Two’s room capacity is 16 with a ratio of 1:8. Our Preschool rooms have a capacity of 20 with a ratio of 1:10. Our School Age room has a capacity of 40 with a ratio of 1:20. Keep in mind these ratios are set by DCFS. We always have extra staff here to help in a room if needed.
- Why should I choose you over other centers?
- Family owned and operated
We have created a family friendly environment. You will see the same smiling faces every day when you walk through our doors. Here at Alphabet Soup your family is our family! We have an open door policy, which means you are welcome here any time. If you ever have any problems feel free to come to me or any of the staff and it will be solved right away. We are here to make our daycare/preschool a positive experience not only for your child, but your entire family.
Space to run!
Since we are located on five acres of land there is plenty of room for the children to run! We have huge fenced in play yards, lots of play equipment, and cut out trails in our woods to walk through. Having two buildings right next to each other gives us maximum space inside as well. Since both buildings were renovated we were able to make the space in each classroom larger.
Our Preschool Summer program includes two field trips per week. Field trips include going to places like the Children's Discovery Museum, the spray park, the Police Dept., and the Fire Dept.
Our School Age Summer program includes three field trips per week. Field trips include going to places like the Science and Industry Museum and The Shedd Aquarium in Chicago, The City Museum and the Zoo in St. Louis, the pool, and many other places around Bloomington/Normal. Our summer programs are jammed packed full of fun and exciting field trips!
Web Accessible Cameras
To help the transition for you and your child attending a new center we have cameras in every room for your convenience. You can log onto our website anytime. After putting in your ID and Password you can see your child on camera anywhere you can get an internet connection!