Peoria, IL 61614
View John's Website
Hours of Operation
- By phone24/7
John Abraham, Mortgage Loan Officer
Associated Bank's John Abraham can help make you feel right at home, right away.
From the very first handshake, you'll feel right at home at Associated Bank. For over 23 years, John Abraham has been helping people like you reach their financial goals and achieve their dream of homeownership.
John prides himself in making the home buying process as smooth as possible. He delivers exceptional customer service and does the "little things" that make your experience with Associated a special one.
With experience in virtually all types of lending, including: conventional, Federal Housing Administration (FHA), rural housing, first-time homebuyer programs, jumbo, construction and lot loans, John helps individuals and families find the right mortgage loan for their financial situation and home lending needs.
For 18 consecutive years, John has been recognized by national publications for his performance as one of the Top 200 Mortgage Lenders in the nation. In 2011, he ranked 47 out of more than 800 mortgage professionals across the country and received a lifetime achievement award.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What type of mortgages does Associated Bank offer?
- We offer a variety of loan options to choose from including fixed- and adjustable-rate mortgages, bridge loans, Federal Housing Administration (FHA), Guaranteed Rural Housing (GRH) and Federal Veterans Affairs (VA) loans, all-in-one construction loans, low down payment loans, refinancing options. We also offer home equity loans and lines of credit.
- How much money do I need for a down payment?
- Associated Bank’s down payment options depend on the type of loan you choose. Programs are available that could start as low as 3 – 5% down on the purchase price of the home. Typically a 5-10% down payment may be best for your financial health; however, private mortgage insurance may be required when you put down less than 20% using some loan programs. It’s best to consult an experienced lender early in your home buying process – I’m always happy to help guide my customers in reviewing their loan options and down payment requirements.
- When buying a home, why is my credit rating so important?
- Your credit rating is one of the pieces of information we use to evaluate your application. Mortgage lenders use credit scoring to assist with their loan decisions to help determine the likelihood that you will repay your loan on schedule. It’s important to remember that your credit score is calculated by the credit bureau, not by your lender. Credit scores used for mortgage loan decisions range from approximately 600 to 900. Generally speaking, a good credit rating can help you get better loan options and interest rates.
- How do I know when it is a good time to refinance my current mortgage?
- It can make sense to do a refinance on your loan with as little as a 0.50% rate drop, depending on your current mortgage loan balance and the value of your home. In this low interest rate environment you may want to consider refinancing, but your decision making process should begin by discussing your options with a knowledgeable mortgage lender. Recently, I have helped a number of my clients determine if it is a good time to refinance and how much savings may potentially occur over the life of their loan.
- I’m interested in buying a home – where should I start?
- Buying a home is an exciting process and I can help you open the door to the home of your dreams. Whether you're a first-time home buyer, a current homeowner with remodeling goals or an experienced homeowner thinking about building, I have the resources, expertise and mortgage solutions to fit your lending needs. I invite you to call or meet with me. I am happy to visit with you at any of our five Associated Bank locations in the Peoria area that is most convenient for you. Or, apply online today.