Jenny Smith Kitchen and Bath Department Manager - KBL Design Center
Peoria, IL 61615
107A Mall Drive
Normal, IL 61761
Hours of Operation
- Mon, Wed, Fri9:00AM - 6:00PM
- Tues and Thurs9:00AM - 7:00PM
- Sat10:00AM - 5:00PM
- Sun12:00PM - 4:00PM
Inspiration and ideas for homeowners come to life
Jenny Smith has had a passion for Interior Design her entire life. She followed that passion to the Illinois Institute of Art in Schaumburg, where she received her Bachelors in Fine Art in Interior Design. After designing kitchens and baths for nearly ten years, Jenny feels that her key objective as a designer is to capture her clients’ needs, likes, dislikes and desires to create a space that is unique to each individual client. She takes pleasure in getting to know her clients and building an everlasting relationship. Jenny believes that when designing a space for her clients, the newly designed space should reflect who the client truly is, giving them a sense of happiness and fulfillment. Learn more at www.kbldesign.com.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What cabinets do you have at KBL?
- We carry Aristokraft, Diamond and Dynasty Omega cabinetry. All three companies have many styles, woods, and stains to choose from.
- How do I start the process to obtain a design for my kitchen?
- Call our Peoria or Normal showroom to arrange a time to sit down and speak with one of our designers. When you come to that appointment, bring your house plans for new construction, or your room dimensions for remodeling. Also, it is great if you bring your own ideas that you have been collecting from magazines or pictures online. Our designers will ask you a lot of questions to be able to best create your space for you. It is important for us to know what you like, how you or others in your home cook, how you entertain and how the kitchen relates to the rest of the house. Every person is unique and so is every kitchen.
- Does KBL sell appliances?
- We do not sell appliances however, we work closely with all the appliance suppliers in our area.
- Should I select my appliances first and then call a kitchen designer?
- This is not recommended. A kitchen design is much like a jigsaw puzzle, where each piece must fit into the whole design. By all means, research your appliance choices and formulate your “wish list,” but it is usually better not to purchase your appliances until the design has been finalized.
- Is there a cost for having a professional designer create a kitchen plan for me?
- KBL provides professional design service at no charge to our clients.
- Once we have the design, how long until the cabinets are delivered?
- The delivery time ranges from three to six weeks depending on the cabinet manufacturer.
- Can I get other bids on the final design?
- Our policy is to not release the plans, which are protected by copyright, until a purchase agreement has been made. In any event, it is extremely difficult to comparison shop for a kitchen, because different companies feature different products. Typically, you will end up comparing “apples and oranges”. KBL has been in business over 25 years. We are extremely price competitive and we feel it is important to work with someone you feel comfortable with and someone you can trust.
- What type of financial investment can I expect when remodeling my kitchen?
- This is a popular question, and an exceptionally difficult one to answer. At KBL our professional designer will sit down with you and take a look at what you want to do with your space. From there, we can discuss what type of financial investment you would be looking at. Since we carry several different lines of quality cabinetry, we can really work with any budget to come up with a design and price that you are comfortable with.