Heartland Healthcare Center Peoria
Peoria, IL 61614
With locations in East Peoria, Henry, Canton, Galesburg, Macomb, Normal, Paxton, Champaign, Moline and Decatur.
Hours of Operation
- 24 hours/day 7 days/week
The Proven Leader in Post Acute Rehabilitation
Heartland Health Care Center - Peoria, (formerly known as ManorCare Health Services) is located across from Proctor Hospital in a quiet subdivision surrounded by beautiful scenery. We provide skilled nursing care, rehabilitation services, Alzheimer's care and respite stays. Our Heritage Wing provides spacious living with home-like appeal. Within our center, a dedicated Alzheimer's special care unit provides a secure environment in which to care for those with Alzheimer's and related forms of dementia. Support groups are an important complement to this care. Our subacute unit provides short-term care for those recovering from illness, injury or surgery. In-house therapists provide physical, occupational and speech therapies that follow the Medicare guidelines and those of insurance companies.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How many patients return home?
- In 2009, Heartland Peoria returned 199 patients home safely. It has been proven that Your Best Way Home is through OUR doors.
- How long does the average patient stay receive therapy and nursing services before returning home
- On average, patients stay approximately 30 days. Each patient is individually assessed and receives specialized therapy programming based on individual needs.
- What services do you offer?
- Care Services Offered:
- Peritoneal dialysis
- Advanced wound care
- Oncology care
- Respite care
- Assisted & Independent Living
- Trach care
- Hospice care in nursing center
- Enteral nutrition
- Nursing & Rehab Center
- Pain management
- Infectious disease
- Skilled nursing
- Complex IV services
- Alzheimer's care in nursing center
- Stroke rehabilitation
- Alzheimer's Care
- Rehabilitation services
- Pulmonary care
- What is a Nursing and Rehab Care Center:
- Our centers provide quality medical, skilled nursing and rehabilitative care through registered and licensed practical nurses; certified nursing assistants; and physical, occupational and speech therapists. This care is complemented by social work, activities, nutrition services, and housekeeping and laundry services. We work with patients and their families to design an individualized plan of care that best addresses patient needs or those of their loved one.
We offer post-acute services for those transitioning from hospital to home. This outcome-focused specialized care helps shorten the hospital stay and lays the groundwork for a successful discharge home or to a lower level of care.
For patients choosing to make our center their home, we offer therapeutic recreation and social activities to provide mental and physical stimulation in a warm and home-like environment.
- How do Medicare and Insurance pay for my stay?
- At Heartland, we have specialized Case Managers that work with Medicare and Medicare replacement plans to verify benefits and to help our patients and their families understand what we offer. For more information, please call Sarah Sights at (309) 453-5679.