Michael Benet - Kauth & Mayeur
Hours of Operation
- Monday - Friday7:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Finest Import Automobile Service in Peoria
Michael Benet is the President of Kauth & Mayeur in Peoria, which has been in business as a Bosch-authorized service center since 1977. Michael personally tunes high performance Porsches for the nation's top athletes. He is also a PRO-licensed Sports Car Racer with multiple national wins, poles, and records. He and several of his staff of twelve are trained in servicing the top import brands including Mercedes, BMW, Audi, Lexus, Volvo, Saab, Ferrari, and Porsche.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How often should I change my oil?
- The answer depends on the quality of oil you choose to use. If you are using conventional oil, then we would like to see an oil change every 3000 to 4000 miles. If you are using a quality synthetic oil, then you can extend that oil change interval to as much as 5000 to 6000 miles.
- What is the difference in conventional and synthetic oil?
- Conventional oil is made up of natural molecules that can vary greatly in size. Think of these molecules as a row of ball bearings all varying slightly in size to one another. This uneven row of "liquid ball bearings" can still lubricate well enough for a normal automotive production engine, but it is not the quality of synthetic. Synthetic oil, on the other hand, is made in a laboratory. All of the molecules are uniform in size, which makes for a better lubricant. Just envision the row of "liquid ball bearings" now perfectly in line, all the same size. This is a quality lubricant. That is the difference between the two choices of oil.
- I have heard that you can service Asian cars?
- Yes, we have all of the diagnostic equipment and technicians needed for the full line of imported brands. To name a few we service Acura, Infinity, Honda, Nissan, Toyota, Lexus, Kia, Hyundai, Suzuki, Mazda, and Mitsubishi. Additionally we specialize in Mercedes-Benz, Porsche, Audi, BMW, Volvo, Mini, Jaguar, and Saab. We have also made the substantial investment in repair and service equipment for Range Rover, Ferrari, Maserati, Lamborghini, Rolls-Royce, Bentley, and Aston-Martin.
- Where are you located?
- We are on Orange Street a half block off of Main Street in Peoria. We are located next to the Peoria Next Innovation Center. For over 30 years we have been in that same location growing with Peoria. We are conveniently located near Bradley University, Caterpillar downtown corporate headquarters & all of the hospitals and associated medical buildings. Come visit us.
- Do you offer a shuttle service?
- Yes. Our courtesy van is running all day. Call in advance to schedule your ride to work.
- Do you sell parts for my import auto?
- We have a great staff of dedicated parts professionals that can provide you with the items that you need right over the counter. We have a huge inventory of standard import parts and we can special order hard to find items for next day delivery to our shop.