Sound Choice Hearing Clinic
Pekin, IL 61554
Hours of Operation
- Monday - Friday8:00am - 4:30pm
Where Can I get a hearing test?WELCOME TO SOUND CHOICE HEARING CLINIC, INC.
Sound Choice Hearing Clinic, Inc. was established in 2001 when a need for high quality, professional audiology services was identified in the Pekin area. Our first office was located inside the Pekin Hospital, on 1 South. We continue to provide audiology services at this location.
In 2009, with an every expanding professional staff and new equipment, Sound Choice Hearing Clinic was in need was more space. A second office was opened at 117 North Parkway Drive, Pekin, Illinois. This has become our primary location.
Sound Choice Hearing Clinic is the place where state of the art technology, professionalism and great customer service come together to help you hear your best. We use the latest in technology to test hearing, evaluate for tinnitus (ringing), and test for balance disturbances (vestibular testing).
We are proud to be a comprehensive hearing healthcare service. Please feel free to contact us if we may be of any assistance. You can call us at (309) 347-0500 or visit our website at www.soundchoicehearingclinic.com
WE LISTEN WITH OUR HEARTS, SO THAT WE CAN HELP YOU HEAR!
Frequently Asked Questions
- How can I recognize hearing problems?
- Most of the time hearing problems begin gradually, without discomfort or pain. What's more, family members often learn to adapt to someone's hearing loss, without even realizing they are doing it. Here are some questions to ask yourself to determine whether or not you have hearing loss:
- Do I often ask people to repeat themselves?
- Do I have trouble following conversations with more than two people?
- Do I have difficulty hearing what is said unless I'm facing the speaker?
- Does it sound like other people are mumbling or slurring their words?
- Do I struggle to hear in crowded places like restaurants, malls and meeting rooms?
- Do I have a hard time hearing women or children?
- Do I prefer the TV or radio volume louder than others?
- Do I experience ringing or buzzing in my ears?
- What are the most common causes of hearing loss?
- There are several causes. The main ones include excessive noise, infections, genetics, birth defects, aging, head trauma and reaction to drugs or cancer treatment.
Who treats hearing loss?
- Audiologists are professionals with a master's degree, Au.D. or Ph.D. in audiology. They specialize in testing, evaluating and treating hearing loss and fitting of hearing aids.
- Hearing Aid Dispensers/Specialists are state licensed and trained in testing for hearing loss and for fitting and dispensing hearing aids.
- Otolaryngologists, also known as ENT doctors, specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of ear, nose, throat, head and neck disorders.
- How will a hearing aid improve my quality of life and which hearing aid is best for me?
- Research on people with hearing loss and their significant others has shown that hearing aids play a significant role in a person's social, emotional, psychological and physical well-being.
More specifically, treatment of hearing loss has been shown to improve:
- Communication in relationships
- Intimacy and warmth in family relationships
- Ease in communication
- Earning power
- Sense of control over your life
- Social participation
- Emotional stability
There are several factors that will help determine which hearing aid will be the right one for you. They include the nature and severity of your hearing loss, your lifestyle, your job, your eyesight and dexterity and the size and shape of your ear.
- How much do hearing aids cost?
- The price of a hearing aid will vary depending on the specific model and features you need, and how effective it is in various noise environments. We also offer financing.