Ingredients for Bean Dip
1 (15 ounce) can black beans
1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans
½ cup corn
1 (4 ounce) can green chiles, diced
¾ cup salsa
6 cherry tomatoes, chopped
2 tsp garlic, minced
1 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
Ingredients for Herbed Whole Wheat Pita Chips
10 whole wheat pita bread pockets
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
½ teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon dried parsley
1. To make bean dip, preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Rinse and drain beans and corn, and squeeze liquid out of tomatoes before chopping.
2. Mix beans, corn, green chiles, salsa, tomatoes and garlic in a large bowl.
3. Spray a 9x7 baking dish with cooking spray before spooning in the bean mixture.
4. Sprinkle cheese on top and bake for 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
5. Serve with diced avocado and herbed whole wheat pita chips.
1. To make pita chips, preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Cut each pita bread into four triangles
3. Lightly spray cookie sheet with cooking spray, and place triangles on cookie sheet.
3. Lightly spray triangles with cooking spray and sprinkle with pepper, basil, garlic powder and parsley.
5. Bake about 7 minutes, or until lightly browned and crispy.