Source:Ashley Simper, OSF Saint Francis Medical Center Dietitian
12 white or cremini mushrooms, cleaned, stems removed
½ cup gorgonzola cheese, chopped
½ cup roasted red peppers, chopped
½ cup fresh spinach, chopped
1 tsp dried basil
¼ tsp red pepper flakes
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 450º. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. Place mushrooms caps, gill side up on the baking sheet and bake until tender, 10-15 minutes. Pour off excess liquid.
3. Combine all other ingredients and mix well.
4. Mound a tablespoon of the spinach and gorgonzola mixture into the cap of each mushroom.
5. Return to the oven and bake until melted, 5-10 more minutes.
Per serving (3 mushrooms)
Total Fat: 4g
Saturated Fat: 2.5g
Total Carb: 4g
Dietary Fiber: 2g