Source:Ashley Simper, OSF St. Francis Medical Center Dietitian
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp garlic, minced
1 can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed, reserve ¼ cup liquid
1/8 tsp black pepper
1 ½ Tbsp fresh basil, chopped
2 tsp lemon juice
1 cup tomatoes, chopped
Parsley to garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350º Fahrenheit.
2. Slice baguette 1/2” thick and place on a baking sheet. Bake for 5 min.
3. Mash beans in bowl and set aside.
4. Heat oil over low-medium heat, add garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
5. Add mashed beans, reserved bean liquid and chopped tomatoes. Cook 2-3 min.
6. Add basil, lemon juice, and black pepper.
7. Top baguette slices with bean and tomato mixture. Garnish with fresh parsley.
Per serving (1 piece)
Total Fat: 2g
Saturated Fat 0.5g
Total Carb: 23g
Dietary Fiber: 3g