Source:Amanda Schmitz, Dietetic Intern at OSF
3 c. rolled oats
1 ½ c. nonfat dry milk powder
1 c. wheat germ or flaxseed
1 c. dried goji berries or craisins
¾ c. roasted almonds
1 ½ c. natural peanut butter
1 c. honey
½ c. acai or black cherry concentrate or juice
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp salt
1. Mix dry ingredients in bowl.
2. Heat peanut butter and honey on stove.
(Microwave: Microwave on medium power for 1 min., stir, repeat.)
3. Add juice to heated mixture and mix until all ingredients are combined and smooth.
4. Add vanilla extract, cinnamon, and salt to peanut butter mixture.
5. Combine the wet to the dry ingredients.
6. Put in 8x8 pan greased with cooking spray. Pack tightly and cool.
7. Cut bars and wrap individually for convenience and a great snack option for when on the go!
Fat Calories: 141