Source: Ashley Simper, OSF Saint Francis Medical Center
4 ounces fat free cream cheese
1/3 cup dark chocolate morsels (60% cacao or greater)
1/3 cup baking cocoa
¼ cup dried cranberries, chopped
¼ cup walnuts, chopped
1 ¼ cup plus ¼ cup powdered sugar, divided
1. Place cream cheese in a medium bowl and beat until fluffy.
2. In a small microwave safe bowl, melt dark chocolate in the microwave for 50-60 seconds. Stir until completely melted.
3. Add baking cocoa, melted chocolate, cranberries and walnuts to cream cheese and beat until combined.
4. Gradually beat in 1 ¼ cups powdered sugar.
5. Using the ¼ cup powdered sugar that was set aside, coat hands and roll chocolate into 24 balls.
6. Refrigerate overnight. Garnish with powdered sugar or baking cocoa as desired.
Per 1 reindeer dropping
Total Fat: 2 g
Saturated Fat: 0.5 g
Sodium: 33 mg
Total Carbohydrate: 11 g
Dietary Fiber: 1 g
Protein: 1 g