Source: Ashley Simper, Community/Outpatient Dietitian at OSF
2 Granny Smith apples, cored and sliced thin
2 Red Delicious apples, cored and sliced thin
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
¾ cup dry oats
1/3 cup white whole wheat flour
2 Tablespoons Splenda® brown sugar blend
2 Tablespoons Smart Balance® light tub margarine
1/3 cup chopped pecans
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a small bowl, toss apples with cinnamon and vanilla and coat evenly.
3. Spray an 8 x 8 inch baking dish with cooking spray and place apples in bottom.
4. In another small bowl, combine all topping ingredients. Using a fork, cut margarine into mixture until finely crumbled throughout. Pour evenly on top of apples.
5. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until apples are cooked to desired softness.
6. Serve with frozen yogurt.