Source:Johnny's Italian Steakhouse
5 ea egg yolks
1.5 pt heavy cream
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1. Separate eggs.
2. In heavy pot bring heavy cream and sugar to a hard boil. Turn off heat and set aside.
3. In separate bowl incorporate yolks and vanilla.
4. very slowly add and whip heavy cream so that eggs don't scramble.
5. Place in appropriate container and place and cool.
To Bake individual Creme Brulee:
-place 6 oz creme brulee mixture into souffle dish. Place in 2 inch pan and fill the pan with water one quarter inch from the edge of dish.
-wrap with foil
-bake at 275 degrees for 35 minutes
-place in fridge.
1. apply granulated sugar atop of this cooled custard and spread around evenly.
2. With a small hand held torch, burn the sugar until is golden brown or the color of caramel.
3. Then serve.