Source:Ashley Simper, MS, RD, LDN Community/Outpatient Dietitian OSF Saint Francis Medical Center
½ Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
½ medium onion, diced
3 cups mashed sweet potato
½ cup egg substitute
¼ cup fat-free evaporated milk
1 ½ Tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
¼ cup plain whole wheat bread crumbs
3 Tablespoons grated Parmesan
1. 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. 2. Sauté onions in olive oil over medium-high heat until translucent, about 7-10 minutes. Stir often to prevent burning.
3. 3. In a medium bowl, combine onions, sweet potato, egg substitute, milk and 1 Tablespoon rosemary and stir well until liquid is absorbed.
4. 4. Spray 6 ramekins with cooking spray and spoon mixture into each ramekin evenly.
5. 5. In a small bowl, mix ½ Tablespoon rosemary, bread crumbs and Parmesan. Sprinkle over sweet potato mixture.
6. 6. Bake for 30-35 minutes.
Per 1 ramekin
Total Fat: 3 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Sodium: 301 mg
Total Carbohydrates: 28 g
Dietary Fiber: 3 g
Protein: 6 g