Tug Boat Tuna
Source: Chelsea Wood & Allison Bednarek, Dietetic Intern
1 small green pepper, plum tomato or pickling cucumber
½ cup tuna salad
1 carrot sliced into thin sticks
Sliced cheese, cut into triangles
Fish-shaped crackers (optional)
1) ADULT: Cut pepper, tomato or pickling cucumber in half and scoop out insides to make a ‘veggie vessel.’ Discard seeds and other inedible parts. Place vessels on a blue dining plate.
2) ADULT: Cut carrots into stick ‘masts.’
3) CHILD: Cut sliced cheese with plastic knife to make the ‘sail.’
4) CHILD: Spoon ¼ cup of tuna salad into each ‘veggie vessel.’ Place 1-2 carrot sticks in center of vessel. Support the cheese triangle ‘sail’ against the carrot ‘mast’ for support.
5) CHILD: Sprinkle the blue plate with fish crackers and let your kids enjoy!
Makes 2 servings.