Autumn Harvest Bread Pudding
Source: Ashley Simper, OSF St. Francis Dietician
1 tsp. cinnamon
¼ tsp. nutmeg
¼ tsp. salt
6 cups whole grain bread, cubed
Non-stick cooking spray
¼ cup Splenda® brown sugar
1 Tbs. canola oil
1 cup celery, diced
1 cup onion, diced
2 cups apple, diced
½ cup dried cranberries
½ cup pecans, chopped
2 cups skim milk
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a medium skillet, cook celery, onion, apple, cranberries and pecans in canola oil until tender (5-10 min).
3. In a large bowl, whisk milk and eggs until combined. Add cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
4. Add whole grain bread and apple mixture to liquid and toss to coat evenly.
5. Spray an 8” x 8” dish with non-stick cooking spray and add ingredients.
6. Cook for 30 minutes uncovered. Sprinkle brown sugar on top and continue to cook for an additional 10-15 minutes or until all liquid is soaked up in the middle.