All In One Breakfast Bake
Source: Ashley Simper, MS, RD, LDN
1 ½ cups uncooked hashbrowns
Non-stick cooking spray
1 Tbs. canola oil
½ cup shredded carrots
½ cup onion, chopped
½ cup green pepper, chopped
½ cup frozen spinach, drained and squeezed
¼ cup part-skim ricotta cheese
½ cup part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese
½ tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
¼ tsp curry powder
1 ½ cup egg substitute
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Flatten hashbrowns in a large skillet and cook until golden brown on both sides. Place in bottom of sprayed pie pan.
3. In the same skillet, sauté all vegetables in canola oil except spinach.
4. In a medium bowl, mix sautéed vegetables, spinach, both cheeses and spices. Spread over hashbrowns.
5. Pour egg substitute on top of the veggies and hashbrowns all the way to the edges of the pie pan.
6. Bake for 30 minutes or egg is cooked.
Total Fat: 4g
Saturated Fat: 1.5g
Total Carbohydrates: 6g
Dietary Fiber: 1g