Source:Johnny's Italian Steakhouse
2 sheets of phyllo dough
1-- 5 oz piece of salmon
1-- 2 oz sprig of cilantro (chopped)
2 oz pesto
1/2 cup melted butter
salt to taste
ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Cut salmon filet into log shaped piece, about 2 inches wide by 5 inches long.. Take 2 sheets of phyllo dough, placing one on top of the other, and brush lightly with melted butter, covering the one side completely.
- Place a portion of salmon (5 ounces), on the edge, nearest you, of the phyllo dough. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Coat the portion of salmon with pesto and chopped cilantro.
- Fold the phyllo dough, nearest you, over the salmon and make one complete wrap. Take the sides of the dough and fold them towards the center, and continue rolling up the dough. Brush all sides with butter, covering completely and place on a cookie sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until phyllo dough is golden brown.