Source: Johnny’s Italian Steakhouse
Cooking Procedure: Flattop/Grill/Broiler, Saute Pan
Cook Time: 7-10 minutes
Finished Condition: Sandwich stacked high, cut cleanly, steak no more than ½ inch thick
Top Sirloin, grilled and sliced – 6wz
Ciabatta Roll, grilled – 1 ea
Pesto Mayonnaise – 1 Tbsp
Portobello Mushrooms, sautéed – 1 wz
Deburgo Mix – 1 scoop
White Wine – ½ fz
Madeira Wine – ½ fz
Gorgonzola Crumbles – 1 Tbsp
Spring Mix – ½ wz
Tomato, sliced – 2 slices
Red Onion rings, fried like calamari – 6-8 rings
1. Grill steak to desired temperature. Allow to rest 1 minute before slicing.
2. Grill ciabatta, spread with herb mayonnaise.
3. Saute mushrooms in hot oil and deglaze with Deburgo mix and wines. Reduce.
4. Place mushrooms on bottom bun. Lay sliced steak on top of mushrooms. Top with lettuce, tomato, crispy fried onions and Gorgonzola crumbles.
5. Present as shown in photo.