Source: Shannon Adair, Dietetic Intern OSF Saint Francis Medical Center
2 Tablespoons honey
4 teaspoons freshly squeezed lime juice
1 small jicama
1 medium pear
1 large pomegranate
1 cup blueberries
1 small green apple
1. Whisk honey and lime juice together in a small bowl.
2. Wash and peel jicama using a vegetable peeler or paring knife, then chop into small cubes.
3. Open pomegranate and remove seeds.
4. Peel and chop pear and green apple.
5. Combine jicama, pomegranate, pear, green apple, and blueberries in a medium sized mixing bowl.
6. Add honey lime mixture and toss immediately to prevent browning.
Per ½ cup
Total Fat: 0.5 g
Saturated Fat: 0 g
Sodium: 2 mg
Total Carbohydrate: 16 g
Dietary Fiber: 4 g
Protein: 1 g