No matter the season, our Wintry Baked Beef Stew is a one-dish meal that delivers comfort. The secret ingredient to this stew’s creamy, rich sauce is none other than quick-cooking tapioca.
- 2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 4 large carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 4 potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9" x 13" baking dish or 2-quart roaster with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine beef, carrots, potatoes, and onion. In a medium bowl, combine tomato juice, water, tapioca, sugar, salt, and pepper; mix well. Pour tomato mixture over beef mixture; mix well then pour into prepared baking dish and cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake 2 to 2-1/4 hours, or until beef is tender.
Our Country Sweet Potato Muffins are a perfect partner for this warming Wintry Baked Beef Stew!