Enjoy wedges of our homemade cheese bread studded with onion and parsley. This flavored bread will perfectly sop up the flavors of any of your favorite saucy dishes.
Cooking Time: 25 min
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups biscuit baking mix
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8- or 9-inch round pan.
- In a large bowl, combine milk and egg. Stir in biscuit mix, onion, 1/2 cup cheese, and the parsley; mix well then pour into pan. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup cheese over batter and pour melted butter over top.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden and a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Because cheese and apples pair so perfectly, try this Cheese Bread with Apple Glazed Chicken or with any of your favorite saucy dishes.