For these Corn on the Cob Cupcakes, simply line up a trio of jelly bean-studded cupcakes to resemble corn on the cob and top with butter pats made of fruit chews. It’s a novelty cupcake recipe sure to impress.
- 24 vanilla cupcakes baked in white paper liners
- 1 (16-ounce) can vanilla frosting
- Yellow food color
- About 3-1/2 cups small jelly beans in assorted yellow, cream and white colors (such as Jelly Belly)
- 4 pieces yellow
fruitchews (such as Laffy Taffy, Starburst)
- 1 tablespoon each black and white decorating sugars (see Note)
- 8 sets corn holders
- Tint vanilla frosting pale yellow with the food color.
- Working with 3 cupcakes at a time, spread yellow frosting on top of each. Arrange about 5 rows of jelly beans, close together, on each cupcake. Place the 3 cupcakes side by side on a corn dish or a serving platter. Repeat with remaining cupcakes, frosting, and jelly beans.
- Cut the fruit chews into eight 1-inch squares, and soften the edges slightly by hand so that they look melted. Place 1 square on top of each group of 3
cupcakes. Sprinkle with the sugars. Insert 1 corn holder, if using, in each of the end cupcakes.