Shambolee Golf Course
Petersburg, IL 62675
Hours of Operation
- Golf Course - Monday-Sunday6:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m. (during golf season)
- Bar & Grill - Monday-Sunday10:00 a.m.-9:00 p.m. (all year - video poker available!)
Golf Course, Bar & GrillShambolee Golf Course, located on the west end of Lake Petersburg in Menard County, has a rich tradition as a well-maintained course with beautiful greens, fairways and surroundings. Known for its windy conditions, which create a fair degree of difficulty, Shambolee also provides forgiving layout. The 6,748-yard, par-72 course, on Rye grass, was designed by Charles Maddox and opened in 1964; it has a 72.1 rating & a slope of 119.
Listen to what our guests say about Shambolee:
“This course is one of the most underrated in the area. It's always clean and well-maintained. Can be a challenge but is somewhat forgiving for the average golfer. I will keep coming back and highly recommend.”
“Pace of play was great. Course was well-maintained and in good shape. Holes were challenging but very fair.”
Individual – $40; Series of 3 – $100; Couples – $50
Lessons include range balls and are guaranteed to help your game or your money back.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is the golf course open to the public?
- Yes, we are open to the public.
- Do I need tee time reservations?
- Yes, we take tee time reservations in advance.
- What are your Golf rates?
- We offer Early Spring & Summer rates. Please CLICK HERE for detailed daily & hourly pricing. Season Pass packages are also available.
- Do you offer food & drink?
- Yes, The Shambolee Bar and Grill has an expanding menu all the time and offering some of the best local favorites. We open the grill for lunches everyday, 11am-2pm, featuring juicy cheeseburgers and pork tenderloin sandwiches. We open for dinner with Fried Chicken on Wednesdays and Fried Fish on Fridays. Click here to download our printable menu.
- Do you offer golf instruction/lessons?
- Yes. Our PGA staffed professional is offering instruction for men, women, youth & groups, daily.