Hy-Vee is located at 4125 North Sheridan Road in Peoria. For more information, call 686-5920. You can also email Susan at SWaltrip@Hy-Vee.com.
Chili Ginger Grilled Shrimp & Mango Salad
1 tablespoon brown sugar
¼ cup water
1/3 cup fresh lime juice
½ cup sweet ginger chili sauce
1 pound shrimp
2 medium mangos (peeled, seeded, & diced)
2 avocados (peeled, pitted, & diced)
2 packages HyVee spring lettuce mix
1. In a sauce pan over medium-high heat, stir together the brown sugar and water. Bring to a boil, then pour into a medium bowl. Stir ginger chili sauce and lime juice into the mixture.
2. Soak skewers. Skewer shrimp and brush with sauce before grilling.
3. In large bowl, toss together the shrimp, mangos, and avocados. Arrange the spring salad mix on serving plates, then top with shrimp mixture. Pour dressing over the top and serve.
Pork with a Fig and Pomegranate Sauce
3 tablespoons chopped shallots
2 teaspoons chopped rosemary
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 cup red wine
1/2 cup vegetable broth
1 cup fresh pomegranate juice
3 tablespoons fig spread
Freshly ground pepper
1 1/2 pounds pork tenderloin
Handful chopped pistachios
1. Sauté chopped shallots and rosemary in olive oil in a skillet until shallots are soft. Add wine and cook until most of the wine has evaporated.
2. Add vegetable broth, ½ cup pomegranate juice, and fig spread and cook slowly until almost syrupy and reduced to about 3/4 cup. Taste and add salt if needed.
3. Heat oven to 325 degrees. Rub pork loin with olive oil, rosemary salt and freshly ground black pepper. Sear lightly, turning once, in skillet.
4. Transfer pork to oven roasting pan. Add remaining ½ cup of pomegranate juice to pan. Pour sauce over pork and bake about 45 minutes, or until 155 degrees. Let rest 5 minutes. Pork may be slightly pink inside. On a board, slice on the diagonal in 1/2-inch pieces.
5. Ladle the pan juices over pork and sprinkle with chopped pistachio. Serves 3 to 4
Lavender Infused Truffles
½ cup heavy cream
8 oz. HyVee semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 tablespoon butter
2 bags Chamomile & Lavender tea
1 bag Orange Spice tea
12 oz. Ghirardelli chocolates
1. In small saucepan, combine heavy cream and butter. Bring to a boil and add tea bags. Steep Chamomile & Lavender tea bags for three minutes. Add in Orange Spice tea bag, for one minute. Press tea bags to release tea and remove all three bags.
2. Reduce heat and stir in semi-sweet chocolate chips. Stir until chocolate is completely melted and has a shine.
3. Pour chocolate mixture into wax paper-lined baking dish. Place in freezer and let sit until firm.
4. Using a small ice cream scoop or teaspoon, scoop out balls of chocolate about 1-inch in diameter. Place balls on cookie sheet lined with wax paper and freeze until firm.
5. In small saucepan, melt Ghirardelli chocolates. Using tooth pick, dip chocolate balls into melted candy and set on cookie sheet lined with wax paper.