PEORIA, Ill. -- Laughter can be hard to come by in the daily grind of our lives.
Tonight, we will explore views of laughter to discover if you are a laugh-ologist.
First of all, the definition of a laugh-ologist is one who creates light-heartedness, fun, and joy in their life.
Those who have a strong sense of humor are less depressed. University of Penn State said those who use humor for coping have a more positive mood.
New York study showed that depressed and suicidal seniors had a higher rate of survival when they learned to use humor to cope and a California study showed that those who laughed created "t" cells or happy cells to their immune system
That California study also showed that laughter increases natural killer cells to help destroy micro-organisms and increases lymphocytes
So, how can we become a laugh-ologist?
· Read the comics or listen to jokes. Laugh-ologists live 8 years longer than those who don't laugh
· Lose Weight: Burn 50 calories with 10 minute of laughter
· Watching comedy: Just watching a comedy will lower your blood sugars and lower your blood levels.
· Internal aerobics: Just laughing will actually use up to 600 muscles and relaxes our whole body
· Studies show: Laughing with a friend for just 10 minutes can offer 2 hours of painless sleep
So join Peoria's Laugh-ologists and reap the rewards!