PEORIA, Ill. -- What do Julia Roberts, Albert Einstein, Steven Spielberg and Tiger Woods all have in common? They are all well-known introverts.
There are introverts and there are extroverts, but it seems that introverts have gotten a bad rap throughout the years.
Research indicates that there are some valuable assets that introverts possess and tonight, we will take a look at the power of introversion.
First of all, what is the difference between extroverts and introverts?
* Generally, it is explained that extroverts get their energy from relationships and that they invest energy in others and receive that energy from others
* Extroverts are the ones who love to mingle, chit-chat, and love to socialize. These activities charge their inner batteries.
* Introverts typically are seen as those who gain their energy and power from looking within and gathering energy.
* Introverts love solitary activities such as reading, writing or daydreaming
Is shyness the same as introversion?
* Shyness refers to a type of social anxiety or discomfort you feel internally around people
* Introversion relates to a type of recharging of your own personal power.
Now we know the differences, but tell us more about the power of introverts.
* Introverts are introspective and generally have a good understanding of their actions and its consequences
* Introverts can be self-nurturing because they know how to go inside themselves and charge their own batteries
* Introverts can typically work for long periods of time with sustained performance and have good focusing abilities
* Introverts can have deep conversations and enjoy in-depth discussions that are meaningful and fulfilling (vs. small talk)
* Introverts have an amazing ability to concentrate, be creative, see things outside the box, observe things that others miss and have rich imaginations.