Officials with the Drug Enforcement Administration say the take back day also helps prevent pill abuse, theft and accidental poisonings.
It is recommended that your remove any personal labels from the bottles before disposing of them.
Many locations across the area be collecting the prescription drugs from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on October 26. Here is a list of some of the local drop off sites:
· Peoria Police Department,
· Chillicothe Police Department,
· Peoria Heights Police Department,
· Peoria County Sheriff’s Office,
· Morton Police Department, 375 W. Birchwood
· Pekin Police Department, 111 S. Capitol
· Washington Police Department, 115 W.
· Bethel Baptist Church parking lot at
Click here for a complete list of participating locations.