PEORIA, Ill. -- What message is your body sending people?
You don't have to say a single word, but your body is sending all sorts of messages about you that you might not realize.
The way you stand, your eyes, and even how close you stand next to a person tells someone a lot about you.
What are some ways your body indicates that you want to be friends with someone?
* Smiling is the first key to show you are open to friendship and a welcoming sign
* Maintaining eye contact (not staring- like a stalker) illustrates that you are interested
* Slowing your actions such as blinking more, talking calmly, walking slowly also shows you are interested in another person
What are some ways that your body shows that you want people to stay away from you?
* Closing your arms in front of you indicates to people that you are not interested in closeness
* Putting in your hands in your pockets, or into your jacket or jeans sends the message that you are distant or uncomfortable
* Putting something like a drink or an object between you indicates you want distance
What are the secret body language of attracting people sexually?
* Touching in safe areas like the hands shows interest
* Watching for dilated eyes ( when people are happy their eyes dilate)
* Preening signs like playing with your hair or tossing it over your shoulder, or adjusting her clothing for women or men playing with their tie or shirt buttons or running their hands through their hair shows interest
* Licking your lips is a subtle way to indicate interest as is moving your body to accentuate your curves or muscles
* Standing closer than the normal "safe" distance to a person shows you are interested and attracted to another person
So remember that your body sends lots of message and that 70 percent of communication is nonverbal!