Healthy self-esteem is something that is illusive for many women. Tonight we will look at the components of healthy well-being and esteem and give you some tips to enhance your esteem.
What is the definition of self esteem?
• An appreciation for one’s self: believing you hold positive attributes and strengths.
• A positive attitude about yourself in the world around you.
• A belief in your our abilities as an individual.
• Trusting your decisions: believing you can create positive outcomes.
• A belief that you are competent and powerful to handle situations in your daily live. Belief in yourself.
• The basic element of self-esteem is love and acceptance of ourselves by recognizing our strengths and forgiving our weaknesses.
What are some key elements for women to enhance their self- esteem in their daily life?
• Feel a sense of control: Believing that you are strong enough to care for yourself without having to depend on others.
• A feeling of competence: Knowing you are accomplishing tasks or goals in your daily life. Going after your goals and achieving success.
• Feeling valuable and important: Seeing that your life has meaning and that you have gifts that are internal and that you are achieving a mission in your daily life.
• Living in accordance with one’s own values and beliefs: Being able to be consistent with your values and living each day without conflict and chaos with what you believe and what you do.
What are some means of increasing your self-esteem?
• Cultivate friendships: Research shows that those who have a strong friendship base have good self-esteem and well-being.
• Treat yourself kindly: If you can’t treat yourself with love and acceptance, how can you expect others to do that for you?
• Do something every day that makes you feel valuable: Create, achieve, give, love, and reach out and doing something that makes you feel good.
• Take risks and face your fears: Fears halt esteem—the only way to grow and feel good about yourself is to face your demons and take steps to become all you can be.
• Utilize empowering self statements: Negative statements only destroy esteem. Make sure you are living on a diet of positive statements about yourself on a daily basis.