Friday July 15 may not be an important date in many viewers minds, but after 14 years, the journey of Harry Potter will come to a close on that date.
Dr. Joy Miller says the phenomenon goes beyond its popular appeal and sums up the series in several universal points:
Good Vs. Evil - The saga that is essential for every real masterpiece- the triumph of good over evil.
Magic- There's something supernatural yet very human about the Harry Potter epic. While combining magic with reality, the saga allows us to imagine a world that is exciting and based in doing good deeds
Love- the saga is based on the strong virtue of the power of love as it relates to friendship as well as with the love given to a child from their parents
Humor- Watching our characters grow we see human frailty, the types of circumstances that make us all laugh, and a playfulness that we all love
Dr. Joy, an avid fan of the series, sees the books as powerful as they relate to psychological implications of the saga.
* We all have the power within us to fight evil, power and temptation and do what is right
* The power of a family, whether they are present or not present is ever powerful in the development of every person
* The powerful force of connection. What we will see in the final scenes of our drama is that the connections that Harry has developed will guide his future and his own survival.
* Despite odds, we have the resiliency and strength to overcome whatever comes our way. Despite how hard things might seem, there is always a path if we just trust in ourselves.
* We all hold powers that are magical, we just have to look within to find our strength, our power, and become all that we desire.
* Just as Harry, Hermione and Ron grow, we too have grown, overcome, and thrive.