According to the American Lung Association, Lung cancer is the leading cancer killer in both men and women.
That's why, in observance of November as Lung Cancer Awareness Month, Unity-Point Health Methodist is offering free diagnostic scans.
To qualify you must be:
- Between the age of 55 and 80
- Current Smoker with a 30 pack-year history or
- Former smoker who quit within the past 15 years with 30 pack-year history
- Symptom free: no unexplained weight loss, no chest pain, no change in cough or sputum production
- No history of lung cancer or lung surgery
- No history of a lung CT within the past 18 months.
Anyone interested should call 671-8296.