Your Health Matters: Your Experts
The VEIN Specialists - Bloomington, LLC
Virtually pain free treatment
Treatments for vein disorders (varicose veins, spider veins, venous insuffiency) have changed dramatically over the past several years, and The VEIN Specialists with Drs. Kathryn Bohn, Thomas Nielsen and Richard Castillo embrace each improvement to treatment plans. The technology we use has virtually eliminated the need for surgery. Outpatient Laser treatment, allows you to get back on your feet faster than ever. Do your legs feel achy, heavy, tired, fatigued? Do you have restless leg syndrome, leg cramps or itching in your legs? The VEIN Specialists may be able to help you. Of course, each patient's situation is unique. After a thorough evaluation to identify the underlying cause(s) of the vein problems, your physician will discuss treatment options with you. This may include Sclerotherapy, laser treatment or microsurgery. We will determine the best treatment plan, depending upon the conditions and extent of vein disease, and your overall health. Evaluation and treatment covered by Medicare and most major insurance companies.
We are dedicated solely to treating your vein disease, you can be sure your treatment plan will be the right one for you.
The VEIN Specialists will get you back into the clothes you love and the lifestyle you deserve. There's never been a better time to treat your veins. Visit us and Love Your Legs Again!
Dr. Nielsen discusses Varicose Veins on this week Your Health Matters segment.
Dr. Tom Nielsen discusses symptoms and treatments for varicose veins on this weeks Health Matters.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What causes varicose veins?
- The actual cause of varicose veins is inefficient, faulty vein valves. These valves don’t close properly, allowing blood to leak back with gravity and pool in the vein. This causes the veins to bulge and stretch and results in many unpleasant side effects such as aching and throbbing pain, heavy and tired legs, and poor circulation.
- Are varicose veins hereditary?
- Heredity is a primary factor in over 80% of varicose vein cases. Other contributing factors may include pregnancy, obesity, hormone therapy, standing or sitting for long periods of time and injury.
- Why do I need to get an ultrasound scan?
- The first step in finding the right treatment for damaged veins is finding the source of the problem. A Doppler Duplex Ultrasound Scan provides a visual window, revealing the diseased, refluxing veins beneath the skin’s surface. With this diagnostic capability we can pinpoint the cause of varicose veins and customize a treatment plan for each individual patient – and each damaged vein. Because the problem is dealt with at its source, the treatments are quicker, more effective and less painful than traditional methods, such as vein stripping.
- Will insurance cover my treatments?
- Insurance will reimburse a high percentage of the treatment cost if there is a documented problem of venous insufficiency. If the Ultrasound Scan shows evidence of diseased valves or venous insufficiency, we will work with your insurance company to pre authorize your treatments. It is important to note that each insurance company reimburses different amounts for these treatments
- Where do spider veins come from?
- Spider veins may be triggered by pregnancy or hormonal variations and sometimes result in itching, restless leg and minor aches and pains. Although surface veins are often a cosmetic problem, they can also be an indication of more serious vein disease deep below the surface.