PEORIA, Ill. -- The winners have been announced for the 25th Annual Duck Race in Peoria, benefiting the Center for Prevention of Abuse.
Several thousand rubber ducks took off Saturday, August 24th at the Peoria Riverfront, and the ducks to come in first won their owners prizes.
First place went to the duck belonging to Angi Lingenfelter of Canton, winning $5,000 in cash, sponsored by South Side Bank.
The rest of the winners are as follows:
- Mary Stecher of West Peoria, winning a $1,000 gift card to Shermans
- Shawn Reber of East Peoria, winning $1,000 to Macy's
- Janet Ellis of Peoria, winning a $500 gift card to Kroger
- Laura Baner of Bloomington, winning a $500 gift card to the Shoppes at Grand Prairie
- Judy Stein of Peoria, winning a $250 gift card to HyVee
- Ruth Bittner of Peoria, winning a $250 gift card to Kull Scape Landscaping
- Brian Holfener of Chillicothe, winning a $250 gift card to MacDonald's Shell
- Scott Mac Gregor of Washington, winning a $100 gift card to Jeffrey Alans
- Christine Bollwinkle of Peoria, winning a $100 gift card to Little Ceasars