Fire at Bloomington McDonalds caused by grease build-up

By WEEK Reporter

Fire at Bloomington McDonalds caused by grease build-up

June 26, 2013 Updated Jun 26, 2013 at 3:40 PM CDT

BLOOMINGTON, Ill. -- Firefighters say a Wednesday morning fire at a Bloomington McDonalds was caused by grease build-up.

The Bloomington Fire Department responded to the report of a structure fire at the McDonalds Restaurant, located at 2412 S. Main St., just before 9:40 am.

A fire crew entered the building and found a small fire in the deep fryer vent hood system. The fire was extinguished and contained to that area.

A fire investigator verified that built-up grease near the bottom of the range hood caught fire.