CHICAGO, IL. -- The Peoria Area Food Bank is receiving a large donation thanks to Attorney General Lisa Madigan and the Illinois State Bar Association (ISBA).
The ISBA has been collecting non-perishable food items for the past few months.
Wednesday,, they celebrated exceeding their goal of providing 1-million meals with a final push by the Attorney General.
Madigan is distributing more $500 thousand dollars to illinois' eight regional food banks including the peoria area food bank. The funds are from legal settlements and will benefit all 102 Illinois counties.
The funds also push the "Lawyers Feeding Illinois Campaign" to more than 3.7 million meals.
To learn more about the campaign visit www.lawyersfeedingil.org
The following is a breakdown of the additional $500,615 distribution:
- Greater Chicago Food Depository, Chicago, serving Cook County: $380,000
- Northern Illinois Food Bank, Geneva, serving 13 counties: $61,306.28
- Central Illinois Foodbank, Springfield, serving 21 counties: $14,269.56
- Eastern Illinois Foodbank, Urbana, serving 14 counties: $12,331.72
- River Bend Foodbank, Moline, serving 17 counties: $10,570.05
- St. Louis Area Foodbank, St. Louis, Mo., serving 12 counties in Illinois: $11,852.36
- Peoria Area Food Bank, Peoria, serving 8 counties: $5,285.03
- Tri-State Food Bank, Evansville, Ind., serving 16 counties in Illinois: $5,000.