Weekend apartment fire ruled accidental

By WEEK Producer

Weekend apartment fire ruled accidental

May 6, 2014 Updated May 6, 2014 at 3:06 PM CDT

NORMAL, Ill. -- The cause of a weekend apartment fire has been deemed accidental.

The fire started around 2 p.m. Saturday on the second floor of an apartment at 104 Kenwood Court in Normal and quickly spread to the roof.

Normal Fire Investigators say it started in an area where four electric cords were plugged into a 6-way adapter.

Four families were displaced by the fire.