Woodford County EMA urges residents to report flood damage

By WEEK Producer

Woodford County EMA urges residents to report flood damage

April 30, 2013 Updated Apr 30, 2013 at 11:09 AM CDT

WOODFORD COUNTY, Ill. -- Officials at the Woodford County Emergency Management Agency are urging residents to report damages to their homes and businesses.

That information will be used by local, state, and federal officials in the process of determining the damages in Woodford County and what assistance may be available.

This is not a guarantee of assistance - it is a assessment of the damages to determine if the residents and businesses in Woodford County qualify for assistance.

There are several items that you will need to know when you report your damage. In addition to common items like your name and address a few addition pieces of information are required like:

- The business name, if there is one
- If you live in a village/city or in an unincorporated area of Woodford County
- The type of structure - Single Family, Multi Family, Manufactured Home, or Business
- The depth of the water in the basement
- The depth of the water in the first floor
- Is there structural damage?
- What type of insurance do you have, if any
- Is there a living space in your basement?

Residents and business owners are urged to contact the call center with their damage report between Monday, April 29 and Friday, May 3.
Residents can call (309) 923-7935 between 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.