PEORIA, Ill. -- Nine area students are being honored by CEFCU and Children’s Hospital of Illinois for having their designs selected for the 2011 Brighten A Child’s Life holiday greeting card program.
The winners include :
* Jessica Laughlin, 9, of Normal - Grove Elementary School
* Ashley LaFayette, 14, of Normal - Parkside Junior High School
* Taylor Beccue, 17, of Pekin (Tremont High School)
* Angie Koch, 15, of Tremont (Tremont High School)
* Elizabeth Costello, 18, of Bloomington (Normal Community High School)
* Celine Estes, 17, of Tremont (Tremont High School)
This year’s cards include two from Celine Estes of Tremont who was an award winner in 2010. Celine tragically died in a car accident in January.
Her cards are being sold in a dual pack – her entry from 2011 and her winning card from 2010.
The cards cost $10 for a package of 20 cards.
They are available at the following locations:
* All CEFCU member centers.
* Hy-Vee in Peoria
* OSF Saint Francis Medical Center and the Children’s Hospital of Illinois gift shops
*The Children’s Hospital Foundation offices in Peoria and Bloomington.
Cards are also available online at www.childrenshospitalofil.org under the link “Holiday Cards”.
This is the 27th year that CEFCU has sponsored the contest to select designs for the cards.
The Brighten a Child’s Life greeting card sale generated more that $25,000 last year to benefit Children’s Hospital.