CENTRAL Ill.-- The magic of the season comes alive as the annual Keokuk Junction Railway Co. Santa Train rolls into town.
On Saturday, December 10, KJRY will conduct a family friendly event focusing on railroad safety and holiday festivities. Santa himself will be aboard, making several stops in the central Illinois area.
New this year are one-way passenger train rides, including Mapleton-Glasford, Glasford-Breeds, and Breeds-Rawalts.
Keokuk Junction Railway Co. says all ticket proceeds will benefit the Salvation Army's Canton Corps.
A limited number of tickets are available and can be purchased at:
Salvation Army--Canton Corps,
176 S. First Avenue, Canton, IL
* Mapleton at Mapleton Road: 8:30 am
* Glasford at Oak Street (near City Park): 9:35 am
* Breeds at Co. Road 23: 11:20 am
* Rawalts Siding (just outside of Canton) passenger car stop: Noon
* Canton at 20th Street (west of Bradley Road): 1:30 pm
* Canton at 2nd Avenue (near former TP&W Railroad Office): 2:45 pm
* Cuba at 3rd Street: 4:45 pm
Additionally, Santa will make an appearance in the stationary train caboose at Pioneer Railcorp's Corporate Headquarters in Peoria on Sunday, December 11, 1 pm to 4 pm.