Electrical fire chars Peoria home

By WEEK Reporter

Electrical fire chars Peoria home

March 2, 2013 Updated Mar 4, 2013 at 12:53 PM CDT

PEORIA, Ill. -- An early morning house fire has authorities warning you to double check your appliances.

Peoria firefighters responded to a smoke filled house at 6416 Imperial Drive just after 7 a.m. Saturday.

They say the fire started from a light fixture in the dining room, and seemed to have smoldered for several hours.

Part of the attic and main level sustained damages estimated at $30,000.

No injuries were reported.

To submit a comment on this article, your email address is required. We respect your privacy and your email will not be visible to others nor will it be added to any email lists.