Electrical short possible cause of vacant house fire

By WEEK Producer

Electrical short possible cause of vacant house fire

December 6, 2012 Updated Dec 6, 2012 at 11:50 AM CDT

PEORIA, Ill. -- An electrical short seems to be the cause of a vacant house fire early Thursday morning.

Authorities say they were called to 2104 W. Garden Street on the report that smoke was coming from the home.

Upon arrival, firefighting crews discovered the electrical service on the outside of the home had shorted out and was burning the side of the building.

Crews were able to extinguish the flames within an hour.

Damage is estimated at $20,000.

To submit a comment on this article, your email address is required. We respect your privacy and your email will not be visible to others nor will it be added to any email lists.