PEORIA, Ill. -- Cold weather played a factor in a Peoria garage fire Monday night.
The Peoria Fire Department responded to the fire on the 27-hundred block of North Victoria Avenue just before five Monday evening.
One man was working on his car in the garage when a propane heater sparked the blaze.
Crews managed to put out the fire, but said the cold weather makes the job much more difficult.
"Considering the conditions I think the guys did a great job getting the initial fire knocked down. It's rough, it's cold out and as soon as you get wet, you're cold and then you're done," said Jerry Malone, Battalion Chief, Peoria Fire Department.
The man in the garage suffered minor burns--and refused treatment.
No other injuries were reported.
The garage is a total loss and two houses nearby have minor damage.