Family loses pet in house fire

By Beau Ebenezer

December 7, 2013 Updated Dec 7, 2013 at 9:58 PM CDT

PEORIA, Ill. -- A Peoria family lost a pet this morning when a fire broke out inside their home.

Firefighters responded to the fire on the 1500 block of NE Madison shortly before 3 am.

Authorities said the fire started from electrical wiring downstairs and spread to the second floor.

No one was injured, and firefighters were able to rescue two of the three cats in the home.

To submit a comment on this article, your email address is required. We respect your privacy and your email will not be visible to others nor will it be added to any email lists.