Fire at Bloomington McDonalds caused by grease build-up

By WEEK Reporter

Fire at Bloomington McDonalds caused by grease build-up

June 26, 2013 Updated Jun 26, 2013 at 3:40 PM CDT

BLOOMINGTON, Ill. -- Firefighters say a Wednesday morning fire at a Bloomington McDonalds was caused by grease build-up.

The Bloomington Fire Department responded to the report of a structure fire at the McDonalds Restaurant, located at 2412 S. Main St., just before 9:40 am.

A fire crew entered the building and found a small fire in the deep fryer vent hood system. The fire was extinguished and contained to that area.

A fire investigator verified that built-up grease near the bottom of the range hood caught fire.

To submit a comment on this article, your email address is required. We respect your privacy and your email will not be visible to others nor will it be added to any email lists.