PEORIA, Ill. -- A Peoria woman is homeless after her first floor apartment caught fire Thursday morning.
Firefighters responded to a 911 call at 1522 West Garden Street shortly after 9 a.m. and found the two story home engulfed in flames.
The tenant, Barbara Tennon, told firefighters she was cleaning her home when she saw the fire. She was the only person home and was able to get out safely.
Fire investigators are calling the fire an accident. The house is a total loss and has already been torn down.